Thursday, February 2, 2012

New painting in progress

I am in a new E-course by Juliette Crane called "How to Paint a Girl". So far things are going well and I'm having fun. I already paint girls, but wanted to learn more tips and tricks. I branched out and really tried something new with inspirations by: Tims' Sally art and Danielle Daniel's use of color.

Its still a work in progress, but I like where it is headed:

This is painted on wood with acrylics, India ink and a bit of pitt pen :)
The dress is paper, and I love how the color works. 

I have a Mantra when I paint: "It doesn't have to make sense, it doesn't have to make sense" 

What is your mantra, who is inspiring you today?


2 comments:

  1. Love her - she is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie, love this girl, she's fun, great colours.....really like your mantra...

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts ... leave a comment, I would love to hear from you!