Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Artistic Side of Pneumonia

After 5 days of coughing too much and taking cough medicine by guzzling straight from the bottle I made a doctors appointment and found that I do indeed have Pneumonia. Friday I felt "sub-human", but with the help of antibiotics I can finally say I am once again feeling "whole".
I'm not 100% by any means. My energy is lower, I have no appetite and well there is the coughing which is improving ... I think. :)
This weekend was amazing in that I FINALLY got back into my studio! I think it missed me too. I was able to make three background from the "How to Paint a Girl" e-course by Juliette Crane. I had to do it in stages, but it got done and that felt good.

For a long time I have liked Yellow and Grey together
and finally I made that happen, I added the 
Cobalt Teal for some spunk ... if you think it looks drab
then you are not seeing the potential I see :)

This looks very similar to other backgrounds and yet
feels very different to me. I cannot explain it, but I 
feel like my art is changing ... how? Well that is an 
excellent question, but I cannot answer it. Maybe its just 
less forced. I'm not trying to create something out of nothing
because the "nothing" feels like something... or let me
say the blank canvas is not scary, its inviting. 

I cannot seem to pull away from the bright colors, yes a
true child of the 80's, that influence still lives on!

This necklace is created from 11 separate pieces
and is not yet finished. I love "pretty mixed with industrial" 
I have always like it. I love steam-punk too ... these 
jewelry pieces by Susan Lenart Kazmer sold at Michael's spoke to me.
The piece below the flower says: The Earth Laughs in Flowers
The White and pink ribbons were already mine :) 

I hope you are all finding ways to stay creative even when you think you cannot. 
Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. I love your backgrounds! I'm taking the e-course too and loving it.

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts ... leave a comment, I would love to hear from you!