Friday, February 10, 2012

Good-Night Blondie (finished I think)

I finished (I think) this little painting tonight ... not sure what she is capturing for me and why I am loving so much random color on the face.

Remember the old classic Blondie and Dagwood? I remember watching re-runs of that show on Sunday mornings before church ... The show mainly depicted the absent minded husband and his wacky antics. Don't you suppose Blondie had dreams? I bet she did (before dagwood and baby dumpling) ... I wonder what those dreams were.

I won't say this is an homage to Blondie from the old sit-com, and it really doesn't have anything to do with sleep as much as it has to do with dreaming those wonderful dreams ... dreams of the life you want and can (yes you can!) lead.



So Good-Night world, and dream those wonderful dreams 
and when you awake... follow them!

4 comments:

  1. love her story, julie. and all of that beautiful color in her face :)

    best wishes!
    -juliette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a huge daydreamer and i now want to make my own dreaming girl!! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you are inspired to create, I'd love to see what you create when you are finished :)!

      Delete
  3. wow i really love your blog {thanks for popping over to mine } love this girl she is offering me lots of inspiration.wish i could draw like you haha.i have my background painted .now to draw a girl.
    Hugs
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts ... leave a comment, I would love to hear from you!